Feb 25, 2012

/inhale "We can do this."

Not gonna lie, the last few weeks have been super stressful on a number of levels.  My academic load has been heavy and will continue to be so for awhile.  Work has not been the most restful of places (though anyone's work usually isn't unless they are paid to test mattresses or something).  AND a baby is on his way, due to make his appearance in just over 6 weeks.

Six weeks.  Good grief.

Don't get me wrong, I'm looking forward to having my little boy in my arms, but there is an overwhelming sense of "can we really do this?" that has been plaguing me for awhile.  Dahmon says that he is experiencing abject terror, a terror that will subside after Young Son is out of college.  :)  I've just been very "how in the world are we going to do this?"

And then God brings friends to mind, wonderful friends who have supported us through this entire pregnancy and offered words of encouragement, kindness, and prayer.  Family, people from both of our schools (Hamline and Luther Sem), people from our various work places, people who live and have lived with us, friends from church - all of these people have helped me remember to breathe and to feel like we can actually raise this child, that the first few months are always tricky, and that no matter what God is present.

I am not kidding in the least by saying that without our friends and family, I would not have thought that raising this child, finishing school during the first few months of his life, and continuing to work would be possible.  Through God things are possible, I know, but worry is easy.  You have all been amazing - you will NEVER know how much you have all helped me in this time of preparation (especially given that my family all live so far away).

OH, and a recent belly pic:

Week 32:

No comments: