May 10, 2010

I realize it has been a very long time since I've posted anything. Nothing too heavy theologically, not like my last few posts, but a lot has happened in life:

--I was accepted into graduate school and will be attending Luther Seminary in the fall. I am participating in a dual degree program where I will spend one year at Luther and two years at Augsburg College. At the end of the program, I will have a Master of Arts in Theology and a Master of Social Work. God put the program in my lap, so I'm excited to see what he has planned for my participation in it.

--My project this summer is to begin the work on the book that has been placed heavily on my heart. God's handiwork: I want to write a book about the true meaning behind many of the lyrics that people say flippantly while in church and my advisor at Luther has a degree in worship music! : )

--I am working for an organization called World Wide Village, Inc. They do relief work for impoverished individuals in Haiti. The people who run the organization truly have a heart for those "least of these" in Haiti and it is an honor to be able to work along side them.

--ACR Homes also still employs me, but I have gone casual-on-call with them...basically meaning that I work for them VERY part time (about 9 hours a week).

--Dahmon and I are going on three years of marriage!! My dad used to tell me that marriage is work, and I used to blow him off. Now, actually being married, I know exactly what he means--but it is worth every minute of it! I love Dahmon desperately and am very excited to see how God is going to use us and our relationship for his glory!! We are planning a trip to Colorado to climb a mountain (Dahmon went there with his youth group while in high school) at the end of the summer right before my classes start.

--I am starting a modeling/acting venture that should prove interesting. This week I begin training at the John Roberts Powers school. Acting/modeling is something that I have been interested in since I was a very little girl. I am excited to see what God has planned for this area of my life (especially as I promised that 20% of whatever I make from acting/modeling will immediately go to a charity...probably World Wide Village, Inc. since I work there and know where the $$ goes that they receive). There are ads/"gigs" that I will NOT do or even pretend to be interested in, I hope to be a good influence on the "industry" here in the Cities. Don't worry--I will NOT sell out on my values/morals no matter how much money is offered.


No comments: